Thursday, October 19, 2017

Review: The Doll House By Phoebe Morgan

Review: The Doll House By Phoebe Morgan

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35482074-the-doll-house?ac=1&from_search=true

Title: The Doll House
Author: Phoebe Morgan

Series: ---------
Genre: Mystery, Psychological Thriller, Suspense.
Publisher: HQ Digital
No. of Pages: 355 Pages
My Review: 4 Stars



My Review: 

Received through Netgalley,  Thank you so much to the Publishers for the read.

The first thing I got to mention is; this is Pheobe Morgan's Debut Novel. And I loved it. That is saying something considering that I am not a Suspense fan.

Pheobe is a great writer, I tell you this because I went through all of the same emotions that Corrine and Ashley did. The dread of something is wrong gripped from the get go and never let me go until the end. 
The reason I say that this is a Suspense is that bits and pieces of the past was gradually revealed. The answers of questions like Who was doing it was answered. At the same time more questions came out like...Why do it? or even What is the end result that they want. Do the people who are doing it is doing it to just make the family suffer or is there a more sinister plot that was not revealed. 

The Doll House has Multiple POV's. With the story starting with one of the POV's past. And slowly bringing it all together. It was a bit of disorienting reading so many Point of Views but the with the climax, came the understanding of why it was needed. 

I loved the Cover, absolutely Loved it! It is eye catching. Made me read the blurb and eventually the whole book. 

The climax was Intense, very much so. But the ending felt like a bit of a cliff hanger to me. Made me ask myself If there would be series of this Novel? 

The Doll House is a Psychological Thriller that will grip with it's talons until the very end.



No comments:

Post a Comment