Friday, October 13, 2017

Review: Beyond the Carousel (Wyattsviille Series #5) by Bette Lee Crosby




Title: Beyond the Carousel

Author: Bette Lee Crosby

Series: Wyattsville Series Book 5

Genre: Historical Fiction, Mystery/Thriller, Suspense

Publisher: Bent Pine Publishing

No. of Pages: 243 Pages

My Review: 5 Stars


I have been a fan of Bette Lee Crosby's Writing for some time now. One thing is a given in her books, that is emotions. You will feel a range of emotions starting from the happiness to pain.

One other thing I realized about her books was the titles. They are special with hidden meanings.

When I went into this book I was skeptical about the what the meaning of Beyond the Carousel could mean. That was until I read the whole book. Now, I can say for sure that the title is truly apt for this book.

The book is a Historical Fiction more than it being a Mystery or even a thriller. I would classify the book as a Historical Fiction and a Suspense rather than a Mystery thriller. Though I have added all of them.

The book spans almost 3 generations. That being said it is written such a way that was easy to understand. With separate chapters for the First Person POV. Each character had their own First Person POV chapter. I have read enough of multiple First person POV's to know if you do it right it's great but if you do not than, you probably need a little help.

Overall a Good read that had a bit of romance and the good and bad that life is all about.

Well worth reading if you are looking for a real honest to goodness story line that would keep you in it's grasp until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment