Sunday, July 28, 2019

ARC Review: Lethal Nights by Lora Leigh





***I received an Advanced Readers copy through Netgalley. ***

Thank you Natalie for the request for review. Did not expect to love this. I did.

This is not my first try in this series. I have read the first book only in the series. And the one thing I can definitely say is that it is better the book I had read before in the series.

I did get a sense this might not be the first book in the series half way through the book because I did not check or read goodreads when I got the request for the review. Or might not have read the whole request. I just read the book blurb and went straight to reading.
One of the advantages of not checking before reading was that I do believe this book can do good as a standalone. But for readers who wants a better in-depth understanding, I suggest reading from the first book.

I loved this 3rd book in the series, Lethal Nights, better than the 1st book I read. Ilya and Emma Jane are not just attracted to each other at the get go but slowly forms an almost magical relationship. They did not just understood each other but communicated better with each other than family or friends. They were aware of each other so unlike some of the other book heroes and heroines.

The plot and the “bad guy” or “villain”, was a bit apparent from the very early on. But somehow the suspense or surety of it was little too stretched which became a little annoying after a while. Though the plot was a bit stretched because of the suspense  but there was enough actions and interesting characters that made me want to go back again and again.

This has a erotic romance feel to it but somehow it did not feel like the prevalent genre in the book for me. I am not exactly sure if it is a paranormal or a fantasy. But it has tinges of magic in it here and there. It is an action romance which I do believe will satisfy readers who want action but a bit of romance and wouldn't mind a bit of possible magic.

There is one question in my mind at the end of the book. Is Illya and his family shifters or something else?! They are special, that I got. But how special? I did expect at least some kind of answer for that question.

Illya and Emma Jane are both have pasts. Painful pasts that not just threaten to disrupt their lives but might just end up with blood. Maybe theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment