Saturday, January 6, 2018

Review: The Russian: A Bad Boy Romance By Renee Rose

Review: The Russian: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance By Renee Rose

 

Title: The Russian: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance
Author: Renee Rose
Series: --
Genre: Romance, Erotic, BDSM, Dark
Publisher: Burning Desires
No. of Pages: 70 Pages 
Release Date: December 18th , 2017
My Review: 3.5 Stars

SYNOPSIS:
 MY PRISONER. MY OBSESSION. MY SUNSHINE.

I can't stay away from her.
I don't care if I get whacked by the mob. Or fired from the FBI.
There's no way I'm letting her get hurt.
Hell, if any of them touch her, I'll blow my cover in a second.
She's my solnishko.
Her brother's a scumbag. He owes the don money.
The don sends me to collect my pound of flesh, but I want more than a pound.
I want her.

A Dark Mafia Romance. With an element of BDSM in it. 

Yuri and Lucy, both are very different and opposite until you zoom in on the attraction they have towards each other. Both of them come from a different backgrounds. What brought both of them together was a bad decision by Lucy's brother. 

This is Erotic Romance, however one thing worth mentioning is Lucy is Yuri's Prisoner. There are scenes that may not be completely consensual. 

For Lucy being kidnapped and held by Yuri brought about desires and wants that she did not even know she had. This book introduced her to BDSM. If it was a series it continue on to her finding out what else she likes. 

That being said. It is a dark romance which could be read by readers who wants to know more about BDSM. But the consent may rankle some readers. Though Miss Rose wrote that piece in such a way that it was balanced out for me by the intimate and consensual scene that came up. 

For me this was a great short story to just unwind in with a cup of tea because apparently I can't make edible coffee. And I love coffee. 

**Thank you to Net Galley and the publisher for providing the copy in exchange for review.**



No comments:

Post a Comment